COL Laurence Moses USA (Ret.) President 2020 and 2021
Nonpartisan Affiliate chapter of National MOAA since 1968
MOAA is now 355,000 Members
WICMOAA Mission: We are looking Out for Military Pay, Retirement and Benefits!
Never Stop Serving to promote and support the aims of the Military Officers Association of America (MOAA).
• Advocate a strong national defense.
• Provide support to our community and the nation.
• Further the legislative and other objectives of the MOAA.
• Foster fraternal relationships among retired, active duty and former officers of the uniformed services and their National Guard or Reserve components.
• Protect the rights and interests of retired, active duty, reserve and National Guard personnel of the uniformed services and their dependents and survivors.
• Provide useful services for members, their dependents, and survivors.
• Serve the community and the nation.
• Advocate legislative and administrative actions to protect the rights and interests of service retirees and active-duty military members in matters of state legislation.
With NAS Whidbey located on Whidbey Island, it is important that WICMOAA remain strong and grow to provide a voice in Washington for the active duty and retired military.
Members of Congress, having served in the military, have reduced from 73% in 1969 to the present 18%. WICMOAA members must be recruiters as well as members. WICMOAA is recruiting younger members to ensure the longevity of the chapter.
WICMOAA aspires to recruit ten new members each year with half of the new members being under 50 years of age. The ten members must also be MOAA members.
WICMOAA will respond to political issues identified by MOAA and Washington Council of Chapters to protect the pay, benefits, and retirement of the military family.
WICMOAA will provide scholarship(s) to local high school seniors of military families and/or JROTC members. WICMOAA will also support area JROTC program(s). This will provide visibility to the local military community. The level of support for both programs will be dependent on the level of donations from the members.
WICMOAA members will respond to MOAA and Washington Council of Chapters issues as they are identified. The WICMOAA Board of Directors as well as the legislative chairperson(s) will ensure the chapter members are aware of and can voice their opinion to the Senators and Representatives on bills that affect the military active duty, families, and retirees.
WICMOAA, the Washington Council of Chapters (as well as other state chapters) and MOAA support will assure the United States remains a strong power in the world.
WICMOAA, other chapters, and MOAA are the key to keeping Congress aware of the concerns with respect to ensuring the military are Paid appropriately, receive applicable Benefits, and are not forgotten during Retirement. WE Never Stop Serving.
Copyright © 2023 Whidbey Island Chapter Military Officers Association of America - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy